Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Sago Gula Melaka



Cheap and simple dessert to make. Everyone loves it! Jom belajar cara membuat ni jom...kalau tak nak belajar pun terpaksa gak sebab ni je yang ade untuk entry kali ni hehehehe...

Dinner was simple too. Asam pedas ikan tengiri, some sauteed vege, deep fried oyster mushrooms and telur goreng.

I am guessing many of you know how to make this simple dessert but not everyone knows the smooth consistency that the sago should be. Kan? kan? kan? The sago should be boiled till clear ie. no more of that 'white eye' in the sago. I use 1:4 cups of sago to water. Soak the sago in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Boil 4 cups of water in a pot and place sago in the pot when water is really boiling stirring continuously for approximately 7 minutes. When sago turns clear, drain and put them under running tap water to wash away the starch. Put them in moulds and chill in the fridge.

The gula melaka syrup is basically 1 piece of gula melaka to 1/2 cup of water. Boil water and gula melaka with knotted pandan leaves. Drain and leave to cool.

Instead of the norm coconut milk as the accompaniment to the syrup, I've used evaporated milk. Tasted better, I thought. Ade kelazzz la! Try it! :)

I'm starting to take up guitar lessons now so...I'm off to practise my fingering...psssttt...I'm using my sonny's guitar for now...:p

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment