Pages

Sunday 22 July 2012

Nasi Tomato

First and foremost, I would like to wish all my Muslim brothers and sisters, Ramadhan Kareem! 

I am posting this entry while waiting for my Bread and Butter Pudding (with added cinnamon powder) in the oven to bake and my Lamb Stew to cook just nice and tender. Ooooh! The aroma!!!! If only I could include in this entry, the 'smell' of what's cooking in my kitchen. I wonder if there is a Fragrant App that I could download to do this. I swear I can make your stomach rumble just by the smell of my Lamb Stew. I know mine is! :p

Anyhoo, pictures of the Bread and Butter Pudding and the Lamb Stew Delhi Style (actually, it's not! I just came up with the name. It's just another of my crazy concoction of spices put together in an old fashioned way) will be posted in tomorrow's entry, Insya'Allah! Today, I will share with you pictures of what I cooked for the first day of Ramadan....

Tadddaaaaahhhh.....




Nasi Tomato




Ayam Masak Merah


                                                          
                          Dalca Kambing




Pacri Nenas



It was a boring Saturday, so I decided to cook up a feast...and a feast it was! It was a dinner for 10 and it took me approximately 3 hours to complete. Not too bad, RazZ! 

For those interested, the following is the recipe for my Nasi Tomato:-

Ingredients

  • 4 cups of Bhasmati Rice (washed and soaked for 30 minutes)
  • 3 cups of water
  • 1 cup Chicken Stock
  • 1 cup of evaporated milk



  • 1 Onion - blended
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2 star anise
  • 4 cardamons
  • 5 cloves
  • 4 tbsp tomato puree
  • 4 tbsp of butter/margarine
  • Salt to taste


Method

  1. Heat up the butter on medium heat.
  2. Stir fry blended onion and all the spices till fragrant. Add in the tomato puree and mix well.
  3. Add in milk and bring to a low boil. 
  4. Pour the milk mixture into the rice pot containing the washed rice, water and chicken stock and cook till rice is done stirring occasionally.
  5. Tips for cooking Bhasmati rice: always use a fork to fluff the rice to preserve the nice long grains!


Selamat Mencuba and I really hope you will like it. 

Ciao bellas and Selamat berbuka to those who are fasting!


No comments:

Post a Comment