Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Buah Melaka a.k.a Ondeh Ondeh


Tea time delights for a lazy Tuesday. This is one of my 11 year old daughter's favs. She is another Mak Nenek! It is rarely that you can find a girl her age who likes traditional and nyonya kuehs. Anyhow, on the way to school this morning she asked if I could make Ondeh Ondeh for tea this afternoon. Well, she did not actually said Ondeh Ondeh, but rather 'the round green kueh which pops in the mouth'. Although I am still nursing a sore shoulder from trying too hard on Shaun T's Insanity Workout (a woman gotta do what a woman gotta do, ya know!), I obliged as it is not at all tedious.

I mainly used pandan juice and glutinous rice flour for the dough. No artificial green colouring was used for this particular one. Just the natural colour of the pandan leaves. Also, no exact measurement of the ingredients were used. I agak2 je la...knead till you can form a smooth pliable dough. I steamed the grated coconut with a pinch of salt before rolling the boiled kueh onto it. And the gula melaka fillings has to be a lot...baru yummmssss...oozes out as it pops in your mouth!
Arrrgghh!!! I am so going to bed early tonight...with koyok, yoko-yoko on the sore shoulder. Ciao babehs!

xoxo




2 comments:

  1. Kak Razz is this your new blog?? I LIKE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! Yes, it is. :) Bab makanan je, babe! haha

      Delete